Re: Newbie With Forms & IAS - help please.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:21:15 -0800

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My company needs to install Oracle forms. I am a DBA, so I have no
> experience with forms. I was hoping someone could answer come questions
> for me.
>
> We are running Oracle 8i on HPUX 64, so from what it looks like, I'm
> looking at Forms 6i?
>
> I downloaded some Client Install instructions for Forms. They seem
> pretty straight forward.
>
> However, since we will want to be sharing these forms and have everyone
> in the comany use them, I assume I need to install some server
> component. I have no clue where to look. I was told that I need to
> install iAS? I have no clue on what that is.
>
> There is a lot of documentation out there, but nothing seems to be what
> I need. I just need the step-by-step installation and explanation to
> get this up and running on the client side and the server side.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Arthur

If client-server 6i is the version and you then have the option to use an app server for web if you choose.

But you can also download and install 9i or 10g Forms which are web based and will, if not require an app sever, at least require OC4J.

The fact that you have 8i is only relevant to your resume and the fact that desupport has begun and thus your piece of mind.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington