Re: IAS 10g : Infrastructure database is unavailable, pls help..

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:16:56 +0100

xtanto_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> Thanks for your reply.
> I think the SERVICE_NAME and database instance is fine and started up
> properly because I have succesfully log-in from sqlplus using sys
> account.
>
> I have not mentioned, after the reboot, my NIC on the server is not
> detected, the server lose network connection, so I have to replug,
> redetect, and resetting the network connection of the server. But the
> the IP remain the same.
> Does this give any clue to this problem ?
>
> What do you mean by clean up my network ?
> Nothing has been installed before the rebooting.
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Krist

You have 2 environments:
- iAS
- RDBMS
Both come with their own copies of SQL*Plus and Network stack.
The fact, that you can connect, using SQL*Plus only signifies one environment is correct.

However - the other is *not*! This you have found out.

Please search for tnsnames.ora files - you will at least have 2. One is correct - the other is not.

***Make a copy for reference, before you start tinkering.***

The most basic thing is to copy one over to the other environment and retry.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel