Re: Loading data from multiple files

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2005 03:55:17 -0800

Peter_Jonson22_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Sorry I did not make it clear I am actually looking for a GUI tool
> which can help me.
> Something which will alow my customer to define mapping between file
> and target table, specify file(s) to process and load data into the
> database.
> Scripting is way too complicated for the customers I am dealing with.
>
> Peter,
> U.M.G.I

What is your Oracle version and OS that you are working with? How do you want to load data into the database,

  1. Push it into the database using e.g. SQL*Loader?
  2. Pull it into the database from flat files using e.g. utl_file package?

Google does not charge by the number of characters you post... feel free to provide as much detail as you can.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Mar 07 2005 - 12:55:17 CET

Original text of this message