accessing an oracle 7.3 server with linux box?

From: joeblow <dadude_at_casselout.dk>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:27:04 -0900

[Quoted] [Quoted]  We have an oracle 7.3 database that has historical data on it. It will [Quoted]  stay a 7.3 database until it's decommissioned, probably well after I'm  gone, if then.

What's the easiest/quickest way to access that database with a client on a linux box?

 What I'm actually trying to test is just sqlnet connectivity and access  (this has several purposes, none relevant to this discussion), but I  think if I can get connectivity with my linux box here, it will be very  useful in the future. Near future.

From googling, the easiest and quickest is to install the sqlplus clients on win4lin, but I'd really prefer a native solution. Is there one that's easy and quick?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 19:27:04 CET

Original text of this message