Oracle Installer Crashes

From: <phil_at_querytool.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2005 23:11:52 -0800

Hi,
[Quoted] I'm running Oracle 9i on Windows XP. Recently my hard drive failed; I recovered 99% of the Oracle files - enough for the Oracle instance to start (but not the Listener). To fix I will need to uninstall / reinstall Oracle. However when I run the Universal Installer it crashes with an error in ntdll.dll. This happens both when I run the installer off the C drive (which was all recovered OK), or off the install CD. I have read the posting about the Pentium 4 processor and the jit compiler, but it doesn't apply to my environment. I can also start the Enterprise Manager, so presumably the java environment is mainly intact.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this error, or recommendations about how I can proceed with repairing my Oracle system.
Thank you!
Phil Castle Received on Tue Mar 01 2005 - 08:11:52 CET

Original text of this message