Re: Compute in Oracle

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:39:51 +0100

maya wrote:
> I will post my example one more time
>
> Principal Teacher Student co su Percent
> ----------- ------------- ------------ --- --- ---
> PRIN1 teach1 stud1 7 5 71
> PRIN2 teach1 stud2 4 3 75
> teach1 total 11 8
> teach1 average 72.73
>
> here 72.73 is the average and it is calcuated as: 8*100/11 [ from the
> other totals]
> Is there a way for me to display this average [ teach1 average
> 72.73
> ] in the correct location ?

Not the way you want it, but some placement is possible, using BTITLE COL xx your_variable
Alternatively, TTITLE (Top, vs. Bottom for BTITLE). Means you would need to introduce a page break on each compute where you want the variable printed.

Sorry, but SQL*Plus is not a report formatter (used to have RPT/RPF for that - it's called Oracle Reports now)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel