Re: Reports :Multipanel / logical page printing problem

From: Ingo Peters <ipeters_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:34:26 -0600

On 2005-02-18, Asimov5 <asimov5_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> My question: is there a way to get the following result:
>
> 1. page A: all content printed
> 2. page B: 3/4 of content printed
> 3. page B: last 1/4 of content (see point 2.)
> 4. page C: all content printed

Asimov5,

you definitely need to set the vertical elasticity to variable. If you don't, then overflows can only print once the first 3 pages have printed, and that's not what you want.

To get the headers to repeat on each page you'll want to put another frame (non-repeating) around each repeating frame. The headers go in that frame followed by the corresponding repeating frame. You'll have to set the header fields to use "Print on all pages" (sorry, I'm working from memory here and am not sure whether that's the exact property value).

To separate the form page from the other pages you'll want to set the property "page break before" (again, I'm not 100% sure whether that's the right name, but you should be able to find it in the properties for the surrounding frame that you created above.

Good luck!

Ingo Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 03:34:26 CET

Original text of this message