Oracle Discoverer Administrator: join condition

From: <onlysendspamtothisaddress_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 13:15:49 -0800

Aloha,

[Quoted] Using Oracle Discoverer Administrator, is it possible to join one table to another table with a specific condition being true? If so, how?

For example this SQL join clause

JOIN table2 ON table2.id = table1.id and table2.otherField='TRUE'

One thought I had was to create a field in table1 with the value of true for all records, then I can edit the join in the Edit Join dialog, create a multi-item join, and use my always true table1 field as the "Master Folder" and the table2.otherField as the "Detail Folder". But this seems like a horrible hack. Surely something better is possible?

Mahalo from Hawaii,
Benjamin Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 22:15:49 CET

Original text of this message