Re: Explain Plan

From: <>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 06:06:58 -0800

[Quoted] Well, this was the output of running some PL/SQL procedure. There is nothing wrong with this query. What I am getting at, is how would one interpert all that?

I mean, I'd like to be able to figure out something like: First it did a full table scan using an index, then it did a sort on those records, next it joined with table B using columns C & D, then it did a full table scan without an index on table B.........

Knowing exactly what happened and in what order helps to understand the path that the query took. I have no clue by looking at this what happened first, and to what objects and what was done.........that is what I am trying to accomplish.

Arthur Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 15:06:58 CET

Original text of this message