Uploading & Downloading files with Oracle Forms

From: Tommy DN <tommydnp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 03:58:47 -0800

[Quoted] Can someone explain how you can store a file such as a MS Word document into an oracle database using Oracle Forms Builder ( 6i )? I've tried to make a BLOB like:

"

 create table test_blob
 (id number primary key not null
,bestand blob);
"

Then I tried to import it with the datablock wizard and I've changed the image item into an OLE item and I've clicked 'MS Word application' somewhere. But I don't understand it.

I want that the user can select a file to upload to the database. And when you look at the records, it must be possible to dowload ( or view ) the file from the database.

Can someone explain me how? I've never used files with databases. Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 12:58:47 CET

Original text of this message