Re: Workspace Manager question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:22:01 -0800

NowhereMan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm reading the "Oracle Workspace Manager Dev Guide", and came across this:
>
> "A workspace logically groups collections of
> new row versions from one or more version-enabled tables, and isolates these
> versions until they are explicitly merged with production data or discarded,
> thus
> providing maximum concurrency."
>
> Can someone help me understand how a workspace could have rows from more
> than one table? How would the workspace get populated?
>
> Thanks for any insight...

The best way I can think of is to read the concept docs at http://tahiti.oracle.com and run the full demo at http://www.psoug.org ... click on Morgan's Library ... click on Workspace Manager.

Seeing with your own eyes is a good way to understand the functionality.

University of Washington
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)