Problem: OO4O 9.2 and fetching UNICODE/UTF8 chars with the C++ Interface ?

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 08:34:29 -0800

Hello.

We're trying to fetch and write varchar2 strings from our Database via the OO4O C++ Interface. (9.2)
The problem is now, that the interface functions [like OField.GetValue(...) or ODynaset.GetFieldValue(...,...)] only allow for char* strings. So we are not able to get the varchar2 - which is correctly stored as UTF8 in the DB - into our C++ application. The charcter strings are always converted into a local codepage, which is not acceptable for us.

So the Question is basically:
Is there any possibility of accessing a varchar2 as it is stored in the DB, without any conversion taking place ? thank for any suggestions,
Martin Trappel, Austria Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 17:34:29 CET

Original text of this message