Re: Problem with result set from a simple SQL Select

From: lennyw <lwintfeld_at_libertycorner.net>
Date: 29 Jan 2005 16:27:07 -0800

Thanks for your reply. I'll add the TO_DATE to the query when I get back to work on Monday. You're right that a DATE type is not a string; it's an integral multiple of milliseconds since <some epoch>. I found a website that said there is an implicit cast if a relational is used between a parsable date string and a DATE type. But if you think an explicit cast is safer, I'll surely go with an expert's advice. Thanks again

Lenny WIntfeld Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 18:27:07 CST