Re: sqlldr very very slow

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pll-l>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:31:45 +0100

Użytkownik DA Morgan napisał:

> I don't understand how you can blindly advise someone to "turn off"
> triggers ... I presume you meant disable ... when you have no idea
> what those triggers might do.
>
> Strikes me you are the kind of person that would pass out razor blades
> in a mental hospital and then innocently walk away: I hope I'm wrong.
> And I find your advice as frightening as any I've heard in awhile. I
> most certainly hope the OP does not take it.

I'm sorry Daniel. I would never advice to 'turn off' triggers, on a very important, production database.
[Quoted] When someone hits enter button to run program which is going to load a 6M records with autocommit feature, then he's waiting a three hour and nothing will happens, then seeks help via internet to solve problem, then i realized that is sort of test database, and 'turning off' constraints and triggers will fast process.

Also i was waiting for additional questions about 'turning off' and other stuff..
I should ask instead of giving such a 'advices'... Had bad weekday. Sorry.

</break>
I've heard a joke, when there was a geographic lesson in a school, and subject was a globe. But there was no teacher who could lead lesson coz, class was very rude, unpolite etc.
Once there came a new teacher and he started lesson:

- Hi all.
- Shut up! Buuuu!
- Today we are going to discover how to put a condom on a globe.
- What's globe ?
- That's what we now start from...

</>

:D

I was thinking about cut off a row from a file, rebuild it into INSERT statetment and then look on explain plan.

--
Noel