Re: sqlldr very very slow

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:28:44 -0800

Noel wrote:

> Użytkownik freCho napisał:
>

>> Hi all,
>> I'm having problem using sqlldr.
>> I have to load about 6.000.000 records into a large table
>> (about 300.000.000 records). This mornig I started a script which

> Hi.
>
> IF there are triggers on that table, turn it OFF.
> IF there are constraints on that table also turn it OFF.

For only 6M records? What would be saved? A few seconds? A minute? And at what cost in data integrity?

[Quoted] I don't understand how you can blindly advise someone to "turn off" triggers ... I presume you meant disable ... when you have no idea what those triggers might do.

Strikes me you are the kind of person that would pass out razor blades in a mental hospital and then innocently walk away: I hope I'm wrong. And I find your advice as frightening as any I've heard in awhile. I most certainly hope the OP does not take it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington