Re: There are no Oracle gurus!

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:17:58 +0100

<sky_diver__at_excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1106662740.844071.243050_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> "It's not their job to help others run their databases either.
> OTOH, if they *assume* that responsibility, out of niceness and free
> will, they can go about it in any way they want. And if they want to
> help people help themselves and not just hand out dangerous stuff
> without
> knowing all the facts (as is typical if you are asked here), it's their
> choice."
>
> That's very arrogant to assume that *they* are helping others to do
> anything other than expand their knowledge in Oracle.
Why? Have you met them? Did they tell you anything else?

> Is that little
> boy Morgan's motivation? Does he get his kicks out of thinking he's
> the one that makes the world go 'round?
No idea. Could be. Some people are that way. Some remember their newbie days. Some have other reasons. I don't care.

> <sarcasm>Well when is he going to get the Nobel Prize for keeping the
> world safe from test cheaters and all that *dangerous stuff* in
> Oracle.</sarcasm>
I don't know but I *do* know what my boss would say if I'd botched our production database because I did something "some guy from usenet" told me to. If that guy from usenet reminds me of that sometimes I'm thankful.

Volker Received on Tue Jan 25 2005 - 16:17:58 CET

Original text of this message