Re: Developer 6 some applications in the same computer

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:23:20 +0100

Ramiro Buitron via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> Dear Friend,
>
> In my situation I have 3 applications. This applications have each one the same forms (with some changes). I Think I have problems If I decide manage the paths of developer or not?. I desire know then the second solution of batch files proposed by you (if possible with some little example), otherwise what can I do ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ramiro Buitron

Yes, you will have a problem: run main_mnu.fmx... Which one? From the appl1, appl2 or appl3 subdirectory? It will be the first one mentioned in your path...

To prevent that, you could alter your registry entry; create a file like:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle\HOME2] "FORMS60_PATH"="C:\\appl1;C:\\oracle\\general\\lib"

Save this file as appl1.reg
Repeat for appl2 and appl3.
[Quoted] Create a batch (.BAT) or command (.CMD) file, containing:

regedit appl1.reg
runform main_mnu

Create a menu item, or shortcut to that files, or wrap the calls in a selection wrapper ("Which application would you like to start? Appl1, or appl2 or appl3 - enter 1,2 or 3")

The double backslash is needed in the registry file, the reference to c:\oracle\general\lib is something I made up.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel