Re: Exporting backwords compatible dmp file

From: Noel <tomekb_at_s_o_f_t_m_a_n.pl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:30:24 +0100

Użytkownik Newton Bolton napisał:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to create a dmp file in Oracle 10
> that can be imported into Oracle 9?
>
> I looked for some parameters that would create a backwords compatable
> dmp file, but found nothing...

The questions are:

  1. Can exp from 9i client connect to 10g database and export data?
    • How to export things which are new in 10g ?
  2. Can imp from 10g client connect to 9i database and import data ?
    • How to import things which are new in 10g ?

95% chance or even more that you can do both ways.

--
Noel "Who could be wrong"