Re: HTML DB

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:55:04 +0100

Chris Spierings wrote:
> Lee,
> From what you have said I believe that you have all the skills necessary to
> create pretty good htmldb applications.
> As Frank mentioned the two main skills required are a knowledge of html and
> also PLSQL with experience using the OWA toolkit. If you have these skills
> you're off and running.
>
> Start off simple, make an application based on the scott schema. Some simple
> reports/forms/graphs etc and then build up from there. You can do quite a
> bit of advanced stuff with this product. It can be a bit confusing at first
> as there is a lot this product can do and you need to find out how to do it.
>
> For specific problems the htmldb forum at
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jsp?forum=137 has a lot of good info
> and is frequented by the development team Raj, Sergio, Scott(s), Marc, Carl
> etc , they will have all the answers. Go there and search for info. The
> studio http://htmldb.oracle.com/studio has some good stuff as well.
>
> Have you seen the 1.6 documentation yet?

Thanks for the additional info; I've just downloaded 1.6, and
there's an excellent getting started bit in the manual.
Have missed the announcement of 1.6 being downloadable...

Lee - as above (if it wasn't obvious yet); you seem to have the skills, time to get your feet wet.

--
Regards and good luck,
Frank van Bortel