Re: JDeveloper/J2EE and SQL Server ?

From: GreyBeard <>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:04:18 GMT

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:21:47 -0800, Krist wrote:

> Hi All,
> We are considering to use JDeveloper/J2EE as our development tool and
> platform.
> Our supported backends are SQL Server and Oracle.
> Some questions just come to mind :
> JDeveloper seems to be highly integrated into IAS and Oracle, what if
> our target backends is SQL Server ?
> Further, J2EE and SQL Server, will it be a good combination ?
> Thank you for any comments and thoughts,
> Krist

Consider reading "Better, Faster, Lighter Java" before you embark down this road. (

Java, J2EE and JDeveloper against SQL Server is acceptable IMO IF you do not make the code database-independent. If that is your plan, also read "Effective Oracle by Design"

Also IMO, the integration between JDeveloper and Oracle App Server helps the packager's and deployers roles more than anything.

lol/FGB Received on Tue Jan 04 2005 - 15:04:18 CET

Original text of this message