Re: how to map a network drive during forms6i runtime

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 31 Dec 2004 11:12:08 -0800

dev6ishl (mhdsuhail_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Hi,
: I am storing images in a filesystem in a remote Pc. I would like to
: know how to map the drive of the PC at runtime.

: Thanx in advance
: Suhail

In forms, use the HOST command to run the commands to make the connection.

Some commands require CMD.exe when run from HOST, even if they are standalone programs.

So, something like (from memory)

        HOST( 'cmd.exe /c net use what ever' );

You might need to add (multiple) " quotes in there, but that's a cmd.exe issue and can be tested from the command line.

I forget if there is an additional trick needed, perhaps the command line given to cmd.exe must sometimes include the START command (which again is an NT command, but only needed when running from within HOST in forms).

--

This space not for rent.