Re: Re : fed up with OTN site: JDeveloper won't download

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2004 16:25:08 -0800

[Quoted] Neil Zanella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, when I download the file
jdev9052.zip
> from Windows XP using Internet Explorer the download works, but from
Linux
> no matter which browser I use (for instance mozilla or firefox), I
will get
> a blank HTML page when I click on the zip file and nothing will
happen.
> Obviously the OTN site must be using some Microsoft specific
technology
> to initiate the download (which doesn't make sense since the zip file
> is meant to be downloaded for Linux as well).
>
> Anyone know why the download is working under Windows and not under
Linux.
> (is OTN using some .NET technology not available under Linux or
something
> similar, anyone have a clue here? I'm curious cause there are a
number of
> other sites I've found which seem to experience similar
platform-dependent
> symptoms and I'd really like to know what is causing them).
>
> Thanks a lot!!!
>
> Neil

[Quoted] I ran into the same thing couple of years back when trying to download Oracle 9i using Linux RH7.3 (Netscape). After some frustrating hours, I managed to download the three zip files but all of them were corrupt. Did the same download using Win2K and IE afterwards and it was all good. Since then, I only use IE for downloads.

Looks like Bill Gates has bunch of gremlins sitting on top of the OTN servers :->)

Regards
/Rauf Received on Sat Dec 25 2004 - 01:25:08 CET

Original text of this message