Re: JDeveloper for FC3 Linux

From: vejan <mario_at_udina.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:30:13 +0100

> I hope you realize that Fedora Core is nothing but an alias for "Red Hat
> Beta". You need to ask yourself why you want to put a business-critical
> function like development on a beta OS?

[Quoted] I do not see a problem with any Linux Distribution because jdev is packed in an archive an requires only a valid CLASSPATH or JAVA_HOME set   from where you run jdev. hmm I use gentoo and probably it is even more "beta" as You call it but it works like a charm and has more nice features than any "official" distribution backed up by a company. It all depends on your sysadmin capabilities.

> There is NO special version of JDeveloper for Fedora Core 3. The
> version is the same as the one you used before, with minor adjustments
> that you make based on the experimentation that the OS permits.

[Quoted] That's it but there is little to do anyways probably just CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables.
Try to run it from a shell and post the error!

regards mario udina Received on Thu Dec 16 2004 - 08:30:13 CET

Original text of this message