Re: oracle questions

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:33:01 -0800

kms news wrote:

> Can someone give me an explanation of what oracle is. What is the difference
> between it and windows. Why would a company want to use Oracle? I have never
> used it and am looking for work. I want to be familiar with it and what it
> is used for.

Your question is roughly equivalent to "What is an orange. What is the difference between it and a sturgeon."

One is an operating system. One is a relational database. Might I suggest you look to a local community college for a basic class in databases.

University of Washington
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)