Reports Services 10g Status PB

From: ptreves <ptreves_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 13 Dec 2004 21:35:35 -0800

Hello Stecal,

I am doing my homework..........Reading the Oracle Doc...

I can run WebForms through the Web.
I can call-up the Reports Web Parameter Forms. When, I press on the "Submit" button in the Parameter Form, I get a REP-51018 login screen asking me for :

REP-51018: Database User Authentication Needed

I enter the correct username/password/database information, then I see that the Reports Services is processing and then get a new browser windows saying that "Page Cannot be Displayed"

On the Linux Server, I can run Stand Alone Reports with the following URL as example:

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwser...report=test.rdf

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwser...ml&report=Tbmin bok.rdf&userid=alcie/alcie_at_oracleln&P_STARTMINUTE=32488

http://linux2005:7783/reports/rwser...ml&report=BTREP PRO.rdf&userid=alcie/alcie_at_oracleln&P_PROJECT=32382

  1. Does it mean that my Forms/Reports Services is Properly installed ?

I defined/configured the REPORTS_PATH + REPORTS_CLASSPATH variables according to the Reports Deployment Guide. I checked the "SourceDir" of the .conf file + set the reports.properties file.

2) What seems to be the issue preventing the WebReports from being called from WebForms ?

PT

PS: LS_ASSUME_KERNEL variable was initially set to 2.4.1 then reset to 2.4.21-4 according to the installation guide. The only discrepency is the version of the OPENMOTIF Red Hat Library + The execution of the 3006854 Patch.

Note, On Oracle 9iDS I can run the same WebReports without Problems. Of course I get the same REP-51018 followed by REP-50004 Erros Reports Services. When I click the Web Parameter Form Reset button I can generate the WebReport without error.