Re: Help with Designer 9i

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:39:25 +0100

Yves Boivin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed both Oracle Database 9i and Designer 9i and have the
> following problem: When I try to create entities in the Entity-Relationship
> Diagrammer, I am unable to do so. Designer won't do anything when I press OK
> after naming the entity. However, when I use the Repository Object
> Navigator, I'm able to create an entity and give it attributes...
>
> Everything about roles, system privileges and object privileges is OK
> according to documentation and I use the owner of the repository when trying
> to design...
>
> Any help welcomed...
>
> Thanks !
>
> Yves
>
> yboivin_at_yves-boivin.com

Well, I only have 6i installed, but you should never use the owner of the respository for a user (or manager) of your repository. I therefor cannot reproduce your environment. Create at least a manager (which can create applications - a mere user cannot).

What worries me a bit, is that everything seems to work from the RON, but not from the ER diagrammer. Did you patch Designer, and if you did, to what level (version? - see RAU).
If you did not patch, please do.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel