Re: Oracle-mode Firebird

From: ana <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:18:44 -0800

"Newton Bolton" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:41B4CC9A.5070800_at_nospam.com...
> I have read some of this material, and found that Firebird is a free
> database that is based on Interbase, which was developed at Dec, taken
> over by Borland, and then released as as open source by Borland in 2000.
>
> Firebird continues to be Open Source, free of any license fees even for
> commercial use.
>
> Phoenix, seems to be a visual development environment that uses Object
> Basic (lose one point) It is also free.
>
> Fyracle is an interpretor or compiler for Oracle PL/SQL. (Hence, it IS
> an Oracle Tool) If this works, it could be useful for those of us sick
> of Oracle's recent huge price increases for Forms/Reports installations.

[Quoted] A database even with a supporting procedural language IMO is nowhere close to beig able to replace Oracle Form/Reports.

Exactly how do you envision Fyracle supporting either Client/Server Forms & Report
or web based Forms & Reports? Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 01:18:44 CET

Original text of this message