Re: Doing Validation before Commit

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:04:34 -0800

Elie Constantine wrote:

> That didn't solve my problem
>
> Thanks anyway for trying to help
>
> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1101830675.193129_at_yasure>...
>

>>Elie Constantine wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I have a form with 2 data blocks joined in a 1 to many relationship.
>>>
>>>when the user want to save the form. a procedure will run, do some
>>>checking and decide if everything ok on the details level.
>>>
>>>If everything ok it will continue else it will prohibit the user from
>>>doing save by calling FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE.
>>>
>>>At which level and using which trigger the FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE must
>>>be called.
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>
>>I am so very happy for you.

It wasn't intended to solve your problem. It was intended to convey the fact that you didn't provide enough information from which a response could be formulated.

The obvious point to raise an error is in the procedure. So why you are asking questions about triggers is not clear.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington