Using Windows file open from a form

From: P. Smith <papalphaus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2004 05:16:48 -0800

I want to be able to select a windows image file (PDF, jpg, tiff, bmp, etc) and have it displayed in an image field. I am currently selecting the file and displaying it, but the image is fuzzy. I have noticed that the ITEM FORMAT property of the image field is set to bmp. Is there a way I can dynamically change this to a JFIF for a jpg file.

What I would really like to do is to be able to select a file from a win_api_dialog.open_file window and display that file in whatever the windows default tool is for that file type. If anyone has done anything like this before and can offer some advise, it would be greatly appreciated.
I will also want to be able to move the file from wherever it is currently located (assumed to be on the local pc) to a predestinated directory on the server.

I am running Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.24.1 (Production) on an 8.1.7.0.0 database. There are plans to convert this to a 9i WEB based system next year. Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 14:16:48 CET

Original text of this message