REP-51018 / REP-50004 (Urgent)

From: Paolo Treves via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:01:31 GMT

Hello,

I am working under Oracle 9i iDS on Windows XP Pro. When I invoke my WebReports from WebForms, I see my Parameter Form that Pops-Up in a new Browser window. When I hit, the "Submit Query" button, I am prompted to enter the username/password/database information. I also get a message like:

REP-51018: Need Database User Authentication

I enter the required parameters even though they are already defined by the application code. Then I get an error like:

REP-50004: No Report specified on the command line.

  1. Why do I get these errors ?

When I relauch my WebReport from WebForms, it works fine and I can get a WebReports from the WebForms.

2) What is going on ?

PT

PS: I created a generic function called RUN_REPORT_OBJECT_PROC that uses the run_report_object() and web.Show_document built-ins as indicated in: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/10g/frmrepparamform.pdf

PS2: I increased the SESSIONS parameter in the init.ora file and set its value to 9999, but still cannot resolve the issue.

PS3: I get the same REP-51018 error under Forms/Report Services 10g on my Linux box.