Re: Easy web application development

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:09:00 GMT

IANAL_VISTA wrote:

> admin_at_csorkldev.com (ISV Admin) wrote in
>

>> Is htmlDB related to the product WebDB from a couple of years ago?
>>

>> dwal9876_at_yahoo.com (DWAL) wrote in message
>>> Java too much, too heavy, too complicated for what you need?
>>>
>>> Look at HTML DB , an easy to use development environment fully
>>> implemented in the Oracle database.
>>>

> No, WEBDB morphed into PORTAL.

One aspect of WebDB morphed into portal ... and I constantly grumbled that the 'self serve database' aspect was buried or forgotten as I thought it was a real competitor to MS Access.

The original WebDB had [at least] two distinct sides. In functionality, although perhaps not from the same software or development team: one side was effectively the predecessor to Portal; and the other the predecessor to HTMLDB. I have no idea whether any of the original WebDB code made it to HTMLDB or whether the current HTMLDB team even looked at WebDB. Nevertheless, I was overjoyed that the concept was again alive, regaradless of actual s/w lineage.

/Hans Received on Sat Nov 27 2004 - 19:09:00 CET

Original text of this message