Avoiding automatically starting Oracle

From: Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:01:41 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I currently have Oracle 9i Personal Edition installed on my computer (I use Windows XP Professional). I want to stop Oracle from starting automatically at boot time to avoid having it take up so much processor power in the background. However, I would like to have a way to run it when I do want to use it. What files and/or registry entries do I need to modify to accomplish this if it can be done? (There was a website with this info someone told me when I once had to completely uninstall Oracle, so I was hoping someone knew of one with this info for this situation) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski_at_hotmail.com