Multiple CLOB uploads with SQLLDR

From: Dinanath <sulakhe_at_mcs.anl.gov>
Date: 23 Nov 2004 12:11:50 -0800

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I want to upload a protein sequence (read it as a string) which is [Quoted] sometimes greater than 4000 characters into a clob field in a table.

create table sequences
(

	ID	NUMBER	NOT NULL,
	SEQUENCE	CLOB	NOT NULL,

);

The values are comma seperated inside a file: Eg: sequence.txt
123,asdflkdflsdfsdlfksdlfkasdlsdflf.....(more than 4000) 2342,lkjkakdkfl...>4000
3234,alkldklakdf...

And there are about 2 million rows of data to be uploaded.

Could someone give me an efficient way of uploading this data. Could anyone give me a syntax of the control file to upload this data? Currently i am using the insert commands inside a perl script to upload this data but it takes hours to do this.

Most of the examples that i saw here are for uploading some lob or clob from a file (one clob entry per file)!

Please help..
Thanks,
Dina Received on Tue Nov 23 2004 - 21:11:50 CET

Original text of this message