9ias, jinitiator and ssl proxy server

From: Dave Barstis <dbarstis_at_nd.edu>
Date: 8 Nov 2004 07:25:34 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] We're trying to put a BigIP switch in front of our 9ias (1.0.2.2.2) server. BigIP will handle the encryption and pass an http request to the app server.
Everything works fine when I bypass the BigIP server and only use http requests directly on the app server. I get an error when trying to access via BigIP.

Here's what we have:

  1. Client connects to https://host.name.edu:9098 (address 129.74.xx.xx) which is BigIP.
  2. BigIP sends request to http://host.name.edu:9098 (address 172.19.xx.xx) which is 9i App Server behind the firewall.
  3. Client gets menu form with https://host.name.edu:9098/dev60cgi/f60cgi?config=INSTANCE link on it.
  4. While opening https://host.name.edu:9098/forms60java/oracle/forms/engine/Main.class, we get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.engine.Main

with java.io.IOException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL handshake failed: X509CertChainInvalidErr appearing in the console window.

I looked up the X509CertChainInvalidErr on Metalink but the solution doesn't apply here. Like I said, if I access the 9ias server directly, all works as advertised. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking but if anyone has any ideas, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Barstis
University of Notre Dame Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 16:25:34 CET

Original text of this message