Reports 9i - Underlined text becomes Italicized!?

From: Ed Scarborough <drscarborough_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2004 17:12:15 -0800

Hi,

I've been creating reports using Reports Builder (both 6 and 9i) on a Windows machine, and then have been transfering the RDF files to a Solaris machine (9iAS) for testing. Parts of the text require underlining, so I've been using the style buttons to set text to be underlined. I have not set any conditional formatting triggers or used any before/after printer code.

Exporting to PDF by using Reports Builder in Windows preserves the underlines properly. But, for some reason, any text that I set to be underlined becomes italicized (without underlining) when I export the report from the Solaris machine! Exporting as PDF, RTF, and HTML formats all show this italics-substituted text on the Solaris machine.

I've played around with the "uifont.ali" file to try to substitute different fonts for any text with underlining, and the Solaris machine doesn't seem to recognize that certain text blocks or portions of text are underlined.

I've checked the "Oracle Application Server Reports Services Publishing Reports to the Web" documentation and it states that "X11 does not support the underline font attribute," (AHA!) but doesn't seem to offer any solution for my problem.

Does anyone have a solution, or at least a better idea at what else I should look at next?

Thanks!

Ed Received on Fri Nov 05 2004 - 02:12:15 CET

Original text of this message