Re: Oracle Forms Developer error on Oracle9i Developer Suite

From: Frans H. <fransh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2004 03:02:33 -0700

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:<A_Cdd.948$Nf7.513_at_trndny02>...
> When I attempt to run a form created with Oracle9i Forms Builder I receive a
> dialog box asking for the following info:
>
> User Name:
> Password:
> Database:
>
> I obviously know my User Name and Password, and I assume that the value I
> use for Database is the value found in the tnsnames.ora file (in my case,
> ORCL). However, when I do this I receive the following error:
>
> ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
>
> I do not receive this error when logging into SQL*Plus or entering my
> username and password for Enterprise Manager Console, but those do not have
> a Database: field to fill in and have a different Oracle Home directory,
> which causes me to think that the problem is either the value I am entering
> in the Database: field or some setting that I do not know of. I am using
> Oracle9i Database Personal Edition and Oracle9i Developer Suite on Windows
> XP Professional SP2. If any more information is necessary, let me know what
> it is and how to find it (since I am new to database administration). Any
> help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan,
you might have more then 1 oracle home, one for your database, and 1 for the developer tools. Find out if you have more than 1 tnsnames file, and if so, make them equal (or change the registry settings so that they point to the same file),

hth
Frans Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 12:02:33 CEST

Original text of this message