Re: rdbms Note :

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:03:35 -0700

rohit srivastava wrote:

> Note : you may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance
> explanations.
> XYZ Company is a car Production Company. It has four factories and
> many distribution outlets spread across the country. The company keeps
> online records of the sales of its cars. It also creates batched
> production schedules on the basis of the sales of the car. The car
> production is done at a nearest factory so that the cost of transfer
> of cars to distribution center is minimized. Each factory also
> maintains its inventory. The company maintains a distributed database
> management system keeping all the above information. The following
> information may be stored in the Distribution and Inventory management
> system of the company: (Please note that the following description may
> lead to un-normalized relations, normalize them wherever required. You
> may also add more tables as per your analysis)
> Data Store Name Description
> Distribution outlets It includes outlet code, outlet name, outlet
> address, list of car models, sales made for each model etc.
> Factory It may be keeping information about each car inventory items
> (Model Wise). It includes item code, item name, model in which this
> item is used in a single Car unit, and quantity in stock, time taken
> to produce a batch of 100 corset. This information is stored factory
> wise. Each factory will have separate minimum stock and reorder level
> based on its capacity.
> Batched order It includes details on overall sales of cars at various
> outlets; all such sales are put together to generate a consolidated
> order for factories. On the basis of such orders the factories make
> cars.
> Assume that only following two applications exists:
> a) Keeping track of status of inventory so that the delays in
> production of cars can be minimized. Proper reorder level should be
> kept so that a given order of cars is completed with full assembly
> load in desired time.
> b) It evaluates the performance of each distribution outlet of the
> company. Design a distributed database assuming that at present the
> company has only 10 outlets. Also assume statistics, which justifies
> your design.
> Your design should include:
> I. The global schema, fragmentation schema and allocation schema.
> II. SQL commands / application code for above queries / applications.
> III. How the response for application 1 and 2 will be generated?
> Assuming these are global queries, explain how various fragments will
> be combined to generate the query response.
> IV. Implement the database at least using a centralized database
> management system (make suitable adjustments in your design)
> *****:this is my project question i am a mca student india i need thid
> ans before 30th oct. m i shall be thankfull to that person who will
> help me

Assume that you should do your own homework!

You might also note that I am a university instructor in the U.S. and that I monitor this usenet group for students such as you. Do you think your instructor doesn't? If you were one of my students you would have just received a failing grade and possibly be expelled.

Anyone that helps you deserves scorn and condemnation.

Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)