Oracle Forms Developer error on Oracle9i Developer Suite

From: Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:00:32 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] When I attempt to run a form created with Oracle9i Forms Builder I receive a [Quoted] dialog box asking for the following info:

User Name:
Password:
Database:

I obviously know my User Name and Password, and I assume that the value I use for Database is the value found in the tnsnames.ora file (in my case, ORCL). However, when I do this I receive the following error:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I do not receive this error when logging into SQL*Plus or entering my username and password for Enterprise Manager Console, but those do not have a Database: field to fill in and have a different Oracle Home directory, which causes me to think that the problem is either the value I am entering in the Database: field or some setting that I do not know of. I am using Oracle9i Database Personal Edition and Oracle9i Developer Suite on Windows XP Professional SP2. If any more information is necessary, let me know what it is and how to find it (since I am new to database administration). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski_at_hotmail.com