Re: Is there a way to load records rejected by SQL Loader in a table ?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:08:53 -0400

| > Hi,
| >
| > I am trying get information about the records rejected by SQL Loader,
| > while loading my data file in tables.
| >
| > I want to load the records rejected / discarded by the SQL loader
| > in a table, preferably with the information about
| > the Oracle Error that caused the record to be rejected.
| >
| > Is there a way to do so ?
| >
| > Thanks in advance,
| > Gauri
|
| I've done exactly that before, seems it was fairly easy between the
| input file and the error file to get it all together. Each failed
| input record is identified in the error file. It's just more
| processing.
|

| What have you tried so far??
| ed.

except the OP wants the error messages

what's really needed is a staging table that the rejects can be loaded into and examined (manually or programmatically, perhaps by attempting to enabling constraints after the load and saving the errors)-- the assumption would be that none of the reject reasons would prevent the record from being loaded to the staging table

a similar approach would be to not use SQL*Loader, but use an external table as the staging table -- although it could not have constraints so the 'attempt to enable constraints and save errors' could not be used)

++ mcs Received on Mon Oct 18 2004 - 20:08:53 CEST

Original text of this message