Oracle Concurrent Users SQLPLus, Unix vs. Windows.

From: Mark A Framness <farmer_at_netnet.net>
Date: 13 Oct 2004 17:49:37 -0700

Greetings,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am working with a system and application performance monitoring tool.

[Quoted] One of the Oracle counters it has is "Oracle Concurrent Users" which everything seems to point at says it is the number of users logged onto Oracle at the given sample.

However, using Windows SQL+ I log onto Oracle and this does nothing to the "ORacle Concurrent Users" number, then I go to Unix and log onto Oracle using the Unix SQL+, guess what? My tool registers another "Oracle Concurrent User". I tried to ask one of our SEs about this and she essentially pointed me at the user manual definition (bless her soul she is very helpful but I need more).

I queried a DBA about this and he told me there are no differences and the view he looked at showed increased users when logging on via Windows SQL+.

The question is properly what is my tool exactly looking at but if you know of any differences between Windows and Unix versions of SQL+ it would probably point this out to me. Yes, I have my big book or Oracle DBA aracana out and am pouring through it.

Thanks
Mark Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 02:49:37 CEST

Original text of this message