Re: Opening a Form 6i with Forms4.5

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:06:10 +0200

On 11 Oct 2004 03:20:02 -0700, rankbishop_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi. I would like to open a form with Forms4.5. It has been saved with Forms6i.
>I need to compile it with Forms4.5 because I have a installation with Forms4.5
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Suggestion 1: learn the meaning of the concept 'downwards compatible' Downwards compatible means the higher version sw can work with lower version sources, NOT the other way around Suggestion 2: Do not change anything in your forms 6i installation if you know you would need to 'backport' it. As per suggestion 1 there is no such thing
Suggestion 3: Upgrade to something supported. Why do you stick with forms 4.5 and forms 6i?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA