Stored Procedure as Data Source

From: Iceman <econstantine_at_fattal.com.lb>
Date: 5 Oct 2004 05:33:06 -0700

[Quoted] Hi everybody

I wrote a stored procedure to use it as a source for a "Data Block" in a form

The procedure specification is as follows:

PACKAGE XXP_PURCHASE_SUM
  IS

TYPE XXP_PURCHASE_SUM_T IS RECORD
( header_id number
, po_number number
, order_date date
);

type PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type is ref cursor return XXP_PURCHASE_SUM_T;

    PROCEDURE XXP_PURCHASE_SUM_P (
    param2 IN OUT PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type);

END;

The procedure body is as follows:

PACKAGE BODY XXP_PURCHASE_SUM
IS

   procedure XXP_PURCHASE_SUM_P
    ( param2 IN OUT PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type)     IS

     PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type_Cursor PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type;    BEGIN  OPEN PURCHASE_H_Rec_Type_Cursor for select 1, 3, sysdate from dual;    END; END;

When I'm designing the form everything is going ok the wizard is able to recognize the fields and I'm able to put them on a canvas, but when I run the form and try to do execute query to list the records the form simply disappear with the Oracle Forms Runtime window without any error or message.

Can someone help me please???

Thanks Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 14:33:06 CEST

Original text of this message