Using OCIBindArrayOfStruct() in WHERE-Clauses?

From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner_at_ITandFactory.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:48:50 +0200

Hi!

I'm currently struggeling with some performance problems in one of my applications. One step towards the solution would be to minimize the number of round trips between client and server. For this I would like to use the OCIBindArrayOfStruct() API in the WHERE-Clause of some SELECT Statements. If I do something like this:

    SELECT id FROM data WHERE id IN ( :id_list ) FOR UPDATE NOWAIT

all I get is _1_ locked record and a result code that indicates "NO DATA FOUND". Can some kind soul enlighten me on the proper incantations to use a set of IDs in a WHERE-Clause using OCI?

MTIA,
Marc Gutschner Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 09:48:50 CEST

Original text of this message