Re: Pro*C: error PCC-S-02201 while compiling

From: Andrea Laforgia <x_at_x.x>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:24:27 +0200

> There is nothing to solve. The error message tells you, in a
> longwinded way, that structs are not supported.

Sorry, the message doesn't really tells me that. The message tells me that the precompiler is unable to fine the struct definition. I tried to compile the *same* code under UNIX and it worked fine, so it is not a matter of what the language supports or not. Oracle installation under UNIX was version 8i, whereas I'm working with version 9i, but I think the precompiler should work the same way.

> restructure (or maybe that should be DEstructure?) your code. There
> are Oracel type like VARCHAR that can be used which are structures,
> but user defined structures are not recognized.

Could you please give me some official reference reporting that ?

>This is just a lowly precompiler after all.

Ok, but the Oracle PRO*C precompiler version 8.1.7.2.0, under UNIX compiled the code without problems. Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 09:24:27 CEST

Original text of this message