Re: Oracle Lable Security and Oracle Warehouse Builder

From: Marc A. Lefebvre US-775 <lefebvre_at_iwavesolutions.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2004 19:02:16 -0700

Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:<U474d.67350$KU5.11476_at_edtnps89>...
> Marc A. Lefebvre US-775 wrote:
>
> > Is there anyway to implement and/or manage OLS from within OWB? I am
> > currently running 9iR2? If it's not supported in 9iR2 is it supported
> > in 10g?
> >

> Please explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to accomplish.

Well, I have a datawarehouse that I currently manage with OWB. And through this datawarehouse, I ETL data into a datamart that has a Star Schema. There is currently no Oracle Lable Security on the datamart and I have been asked to implement this. so, I am wondering if it can be accomplished through Oracle Warehouse Builder, or do I have to create scripts outside of the tool to setup and manage OLS.

Specifically, I need to enable OLS on the datamart so that the predicate WILL be appended on each query. I need to create the security groups and levels and the table that this will reside in. I need to configure OLS so that it will check the table for the access levels. I also need to modify the tables so that they will have the security fields.

I hope this helps in understanding what I am asking. Sorry about the crosspost, I usually do that if I am not sure which group the inquery belongs.

Regards,

Marc Received on Thu Sep 23 2004 - 21:02:16 CDT