Problems with JDeveloper and PHP extension

From: Jim Hill <jhill2_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:13:43 GMT

I posted an earlier topic about JDeveloper zero'ing out files. I think that was due to getting the JAVA error: Too Many Files Open.

I can work for several hours with a few workspaces loaded, each having 2-3 projects and dozens of files; however I only have 4-5 files actually "open" in the IDE. I can go through dozens of iterations of make changes/save/test when eventually I run into the error of not being able access a file in one of the workspaces. If I check with the Windows "Task Manager" I can see 20-30 processes of "php.exe" running. I think this may be related to the PHP addin that tries to keep the structure view in sync with the code. Under Tool preferences I changed the structure view setting from "Refresh when Idle" to "Refresh on Save" to see if that makes it go away.

Is anyone else using the PHP addin for JDeveloper. I'm beginning to think that maybe this isn't the best IDE for PHP development. :-( Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 17:13:43 CDT