Re: Data base diagram , help pls

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:53:45 -0400

"Hans Forbrich" <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:uql4d.125417$XP3.77689_at_edtnps84...
| Sybrand Bakker wrote:
|
| > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:20:16 +0200, "Rick van Dijk"
| > <rick_at_datanamic.com> wrote:
| >

| >>Maybe our tool, DeZign for Databases is something for you. It is a data
| >>modeling tool. You can find more info at
| >>http://www.datanamic.com/dezign/index.html. A 30 day evaluation version
is
| >>available at http://www.datanamic.com/download/index.html.
| >>
| >>Regards,
| >>
| >>Rick van Dijk
| >>
| >>** Datanamic **
| >>Tools for Database Developers
| >>http://www.datanamic.com
| >
| > Please be informed your post is spam, and to promote your own product
| > in replying is considered unethical.
| >

| This one is somewhat tricky. It is a legitimate response to the OP's
| question. However, we've seen a number of cases where the original
| question is really nothing more than a setup to 'legitimize' the spam.
|
| The response could have also mentioned one or two alternatives.
|
| /Hans

Good balance Hans.

I've tried the product, and actually know through a friend of a friend one of the guys marketing it in the states -- only to say that Rick's legit, I won't comment on the product here, except to say that my experience was positive

I could see posting a cross reference to c.d.o.marketplace (see my response in ...) just to keep 'altruistic' responses from any 'tainted' by marketing -- sound like a good approach?

By the way, Rick -- are you the same RvD that used to work in Oracle Education? If so, contact me offline. But probably not, wrong side of the pond. Unless it was some other division of Oracle?

++ mcs Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 15:53:45 CDT