Re: Data base diagram , help pls

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:44:13 -0700

Jack wrote:

> Use oracle designer...
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/designer/index.html
>
> "Raghuraman" <raghuraman_ace_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>HI friends,
>>I am new to oracle 9i, but a sqlserver professional.am now under
>>oracle.How can i see the relationship between the database tables in
>>oracle in terms of database diagram .
>>
>>Thanks a lot
>>Raghu

Or ERwin or dbArtisan or any other third-party product that provides this capability. Unlike M$ ... Oracle does not see at as its mission to put every other software company out of business.

You can also print the information from the data dictionary:

SELECT t.owner CHILD_OWNER,

t.table_name CHILD_TABLE,
t.constraint_name FOREIGN_KEY_NAME,
r.owner PARENT_OWNER,
r.table_name PARENT_TABLE,
r.constraint_name PARENT_CONSTRAINT

FROM user_constraints t, user_constraints r WHERE t.r_constraint_name = r.constraint_name
AND t.r_owner = r.owner
AND t.constraint_type='R'
AND t.table_name = <child_table_name>;

--