Re: PL\SQL package creation

From: D Rolfe <dwrolfeFRUITBAT_at_orindasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:21:10 +0100

The package and package body are two seperate things. You are trying to define both of them at the same time. The error message indicates that the parser is surprised to find more 'stuff' at the end of your package definition. You need a blank line after line #6.

> Hi,
>
> I have following code:
> (seems very simple but tricky)
>

> 1-- create or replace package testNameConcate
> 2-- is
> 3-- function disp(Name varchar)
> 4-- return varchar;
> 5-- end testNameConcate;
> 6-- /

> 7-- create or replace package body testNameConcate
> 8-- is
> 9-- function disp(Name varchar)
> 10-- return varchar
> 11-- is
> 12-- nm varchar(25);
> 13-- begin
> 14-- nm='Hello ' || Name;
> 15-- return nm;
> 16-- end testNameConcate;
> /

> As u see "/" is need at line 6 other wise it gives me an error
>
> PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "CREATE" at line 7
>
> but sill this code is giving me a same error, and now it has problem with
> "/" and error is
>
> PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "/" at line 6
>
> What am i missing here?

David Rolfe Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 09:21:10 CDT