JDev/cant run Applets

From: d.morel <dmusicman666_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:35:33 -0400

  Hello all..this is driving me crazy... I cant run applets   in IE6.0 using the embedded Oracle 10g server.    here are my peticulars...

  • Windows XP no service packs (offline machine)
  • jre 1.4.2_03 as my xp java runtime.. I matched it to the Oracle10g version (if that even matters...)
  • Java plug-in installed... I have tried using plug in default as well as the 1.4.2_03 runtime
  • XP enviornment path variables point to the java runtime ie .;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.4.2_03\bin;
  • no classpath currently set... (again I have tried several times out of desperation pointing to my user class files.... again not sure if it matters)
  • I have employed the html converter on swing applets with no success
  • java console error... (I do see the greyed out applet) load:class mypackage1.Applet1 not found java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:mypackage1.Applet1 ..... Caused by java io.IOException:open HTTP connection failed at sun.Applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(UnknownSource) ..... (my "Oracle machine" is offline so I will copy entire message if requested)
    • I have tried reinstalling 10G, moving html and class files into different directories for testing...
    • And interestingly enough I have Forte for Java CE on my machine and I AM able to write and run applets in the same said machine configuration....
     Does this have anything to do with the internal server...
      should I "hit the books" and research web severs.. I am
      really not happening when it comes to web servers ...
      (at this point I am really not sure if I am happening at all...
       I am extremely frustrated having spent so much time on this
       getting nowhere... all I want to do is put a stupid little
       information applet on a JSP page..... haha... I am still smiling)

     I have posted before, hopefully without "grovelling" some kind
     soul could save my sanity here, goodness knows I have really tried
     to do this myself. Any help,  suggestions would be really
     appreciated.... thx in advance regards D.Moore